Homepage > Links
University of Toronto Websites:
- Faculty of Medicine
- Department of Medicine
- Department of Nutritional Sciences
- Department of Physiology
- Department of Laboratory Medicine & Pathobiology
- Institute of Medical Science
- Discovery and Early Development of Insulin 1920-1925 This site documents the initial period of the discovery and development of insulin, 1920-1925, at the University of Toronto. It presents over 7000 page images reproducing original documents ranging from laboratory notebooks and charts, correspondence, writings, and published papers to photographs, awards, clippings, scrapbooks, printed ephemera and artefacts.
- Canadian Diabetes Association
- Health Canada Online
Stand Up to Diabetes (Ontario Ministry of Health and Long-term
Women's Health Matters - Diabetes
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation International
- American Diabetes Association
- The International Diabetes Federation
- National Institute of Diabetes & Digestive & Kidney Diseases (NIDDK)
- Pub Med
U.S. National Library of Medicine site. Search for articles published in medical journals.
- Insulin in Toronto: Discovery, Development and Diabetes Control. Historical poster exhibit now showing at the Toronto General Hospital. This series of 16 posters tell the dramatic story of the discovery and early development of Insulin in Toronto but also highlights the subsequent advances made in the production of Insulin in Canada and its legacy.
- Banting Digital Library This site houses an extensive photographic collection of correspondence, papers, photographs, artwork and other artifacts belonging to Sir Frederick Banting.