- Profiles of BBDC Members Involved In Diabetes Research
- Profiles of BBDC Members Involved In Diabetes Care & Education
- Benefits Of Membership
- How To Register Your Free Membership (membership request form)
- Maintaining Membership Status
- Join Our E-mail List
The BBDC membership is a network of individuals involved in diabetes research, education and care from various departments at the University of Toronto and its affiliated hospitals.
Membership is free and open to individuals involved in full or part-time diabetes research, education, or patient care (i.e. scientists, physicians, nurses, dietitians, pharmacists, etc.) and whose primary university appointment, or employment (i.e. more than 50% of total salary), is with the University of Toronto or one of its affiliated hospitals listed below.
Postdoctoral fellows, graduate students, undergraduate students, research associates and technicians are not eligible for membership; however, they are welcome to join our e-mail list.
The BBDC occasionally makes membership available to non-U of T affiliated faculty and health professionals who are invited by the BBDC to play a major role in the Centre’s activities (eg. those asked to serve on BBDC committees).
|Fully Affiliated Hospitals||Community Affiliated Hospitals and Sites|
Benefits of Membership
- Membership allows individuals to become eligible to apply for the Centre's funding programs. (IMPORTANT NOTE: Not all BBDC members are eligible to apply for all BBDC programs. Specific eligibility requirements are outlined for each funding program.)
- Each research member's diabetes-related activities and contact information are posted on our website which enables local and foreign trainees to locate potential supervisors at the University, and helps facilitate the development of collaborative diabetes-related activities.
- Membership enables individuals to attend the BBDC's Annual Scientific Day and other events which may be open to members and their trainees only.
- Members are automatically added to the BBDC's e-mail list so they will never miss announcements regarding the Centre's events or funding programs.
How to Register Your Free Membership
to download the Membership Request Form.
Complete either Section 1 or Section 2 and email your completed form to
The information you provide will be posted on the BBDC's website and all members are automatically added to our e-mail list.
Maintaining Membership Status
All members are required to keep their BBDC membership website profile up to date.
This is a pre-requisite for maintaining eligibility for membership and
funding. Once a year, members will be contacted by the BBDC and
reminded to update their contact information, description of ther
diabetes-related research activities, and recent publications list.
To join our list, send an e-mail to email@example.com with your full name, email address and phone number. Our members and others who join our e-mail list will receive correspondence such as BBDC Seminar notices; BBDC funding program announcements; our quarterly newsletter; announcements of upcoming BBDC events; and all other announcements regarding the Centre's activities. All e-mail addresses are kept confidential and we do not share our e-mail list with others.